Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Research

Last night I finally broke open my Research Methods textbook and it reminded me that I need to start working on my own research to get ready for Grad. School. But there are SO many topics that I'm interested in I don't know where to start. So I thought writing a post and brainstorming might help. So FYI, this post will prob. only help me, maybe.

The first research topic I am really interested in has to do with children and vaccines. I know there are many mothers out there who choose not to vaccinate their children and studies have been done relating health issues and vaccines. What I want to know is why some parents choose not to vaccinate. I have a neutral stand-point on the issue so that would make this research unbiased. I guess I just want to look more into the research and studies done to see if they are that credible or if they could be biased on the issue. Of course a mom whose child had a negative reaction to a vaccine is going to be completely against it. But what about other scientists who didn't have that experience? Just curious.

Another topic I'm interested in is breastfeeding versus formula feeding. Of course breast milk is better, but what about extended breastfeeding? Other topics of interest include sleep training and parenting styles. I need to come up with lots of ideas for research so any suggestions would be very helpful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment