Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

School, Nathan, Etc.

I have a baby that never wants to nap lately. He wants to stay up forever and by the time he'll fall asleep he's so tired he can't sleep unless he's on me. I really don't think I like this habit I've started. For the record, I'm just not one of those "Attachment Parent" types. I don't nurse on demand (except when he was first born), I don't co-sleep, I believe cry-it-out is necessary sometimes, and I only wear him occasionally. I just don't see how babies learn to be independent when they are stuck on their mom 24/7. But then again, that's just my opinion.

But then I look at how precious he is sleeping on me and right now, in this moment, I could care less about starting this bad habit that I've started. After all, parenting is really just trial and error. You try stuff, and if it doesn't work you just try something else.

I seriously underestimated how tough this semester is going to be. I have no idea how I'm going to keep up once he starts crawling and getting into stuff. More on that later. Well I guess it's time to watch a movie w/my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment